Your Own Virtual World
Why would you want your own virtual world? If you haven’t yet spent any time on virtual reality websites, you might not have a ready answer for that question. But if you think about it for a few minutes, it’s easy to understand the appeal. Here are 5 reasons that come to mind.
1. You can try things out without the fear of the consequences that exist in real life. Of course, the obvious scenario here is a married man who would never think of cheating on his wife, indulging in online role-playing
and chatting with a hot-looking avatar. But there are other scenarios that can fit here, too. For example, a soccer mom with 3 kids who secretly wishes she could drive race cars – a pastime that’s too dangerous for most mothers in real life.
2. You can try things out that aren’t physically possible in real life – at least not yet. Sprouting wings and flying across the ocean isn’t possible for anyone in the real world, but it’s easy for an avatar to accomplish online.
3. How about trying out things that you can’t afford in real life? If you can dream it, the odds are you can have it in some
Online, you can build luxurious mansions, own your own island complete with tropical waterfall, have a room-sized closet filled wall-to-wall with designer outfits and accessories, own a sports car or a whole fleet of them, collect jewels and even change your eye color. It’s true that these virtual items usually cost money to buy online, but not as much as their counterparts in the real world.
4. Here’s another reason to have your own virtual world: to have more control over your environment than you do in real life. Do you live in a too-small house on a cramped street in a crowded suburb with too much air pollution? Then give yourself some space and buy a big farm online. Or build the house of your dreams on a mountain top where only friends you invite can come to visit.
5. Another reason is to see what it feels like to indulge in your fantasies. Have you always wanted a house full of children or pets? Try living with dozens of them online before you make any real life commitments. Do you wish you were taller, shorter, thinner, and more curvaceous? Choose an avatar that embodies your fantasy self and role-play what it’s like to meet new people or start a new business that way.
These are all valid reasons for trying out an
to create your own virtual world. But the bottom line is that it’s just plain fun to build a virtual world. It’s fun to see how others react to it. And it’s a relief to know that you can always change it if you want to.
Click Here to Leave Your Own Virtual World and Return Home